Are you interested in holding a leadership role in the plant-based foods industry? Are you passionate about the mission and future direction of the Plant Based Foods Association? Do you have a unique offering or perspective that will benefit the work of our membership?
If so, we invite you to apply to join the Board of Directors at the PBFA!
All individuals who are employed by one of the PBFA’s voting company members in good standing are invited to apply to join the Board of Directors. Voting members will elect board members in October 2021 for two-year terms, which will begin in January 2022.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serve for two full years.
- Attend quarterly Board meetings and any additional special-topic meetings.
- Become knowledgeable about the activities and business of PBFA.
- Leave your “brand hat” at the door and work to advance the entire industry.
- Assume a leadership role or participate in at least one activity or committee of the Board.
- Spend 1- 5 hours per month on that one activity or committee.
- Note: Board positions are voluntary positions.
See a full list of responsibilities here.
If you are interested in being considered for a Board of Directors position, please email your CV and answers to the four prompts/questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please share your involvement and experience to date with the PBFA.
- Why are you interested in a leadership role at the PBFA?
- What would you uniquely contribute to the PBFA through this role?
- Please share any other experience with boards, multi-stakeholder associations, or groups that would be helpful for us to know about.
The application period will run from September 7 – 24, 2021, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis by the Board Executive Committee until this period closes on the 24th. Board-recommended candidates will be then be presented to the full voting membership for a vote in mid-October.
Thank you in advance for your interest and continued engagement in building a strong and diverse Board of Directors to support the delivery of our mission.