PBFA company membership is available to any business that either manufactures or sells one or more 100% plant-based foods. This includes packaged goods companies, distributors, ingredient suppliers, and restaurants.
Key Resources you receive with your annual membership
- Access retail sales data, industry research, and trend reports. We consistently provide data and insights as well as conduct research to leverage the growth of the plant-based foods industry. Members use this data in their presentations to retailers.
- Gain a voice on Capitol Hill. PBFA is an unwavering voice that speaks for an industry that is on the rise and challenging convention. We provide a focused position on issues affecting our industry and seek to create a fair and modern regulatory environment.
- Certified Plant Based. Eligible categories can also obtain our CPB seal for use on packaging with no licensing fee.* Once your application is approved by NSF International, the licensing fee for PBFA members is waived for the Certified Plant Based seal.
- Increase sales and connections through our custom marketing, ecommerce, and retailer event opportunities with retailers. We partner with major retailers such as Walmart, Kroger, Hannaford, and many others to support our members. We also provide 1:1 consulting for member brands.
- Increase opportunities to expand your distribution and grow into food service. We create partnerships with both distributors and foodservice institutions and retail foodservice to get more of plant-based foods onto menus. Our partners include Dot Foods, KeHe, UNFI NEXT, colleges & universities, and more.
- Gain exposure on social media and in the press. Our communications team actively identifies and pitches media opportunities to promote our industry and works to connect media with members for stories and reports. PBFA also uses its robust social following to celebrate, promote, and highlight PBFA’s members.
- Attend member only networking and educational events. Learn from each other and be a part of this movement with a community of 300 members and growing. Attend exclusive industry events that bring investors and members together. Company members can also participate in our virtual Member Solutions calls.
- Exhibit at Plant Based World Expo – Members receive a discount to exhibit, access to an enhanced directory listing, and receive discounts on virtual meetings with retailers and distributors through Plant Based World Connect! Online.
- Grow your business’s reputation and enhance your brand. Our robust membership directory proudly displays your logo, links to your website, and is searchable by food type and location.
- Promote your partnership with PBFA. Proudly display our Proud PBFA Member badge on your website and social media pages.
*Any company that manufactures or sells a multi-ingredient food product that contains no animal-derived ingredients is eligible to join PBFA. Note that our Certified Plant Based seal has criteria beyond that, and you can learn more here.
Questions About Membership
Want to to learn more about Membership at PBFA? Attend one of our upcoming Membership Informational Webinars!
For other questions, please email Business Development Manager Maddie Segal at Maddie@PlantBasedFoods.org.
The Plant Based Foods Association consists of members and supporters with the shared goal of ensuring the plant-based foods industry can succeed and thrive.
PBFA Member Solutions Call: Using consumer-driven data and strategies to scale your company
The Plant Based Foods Association has been an invaluable resource for us as a young and fast-growing business. We look forward to building lasting relationships with PBFA and its members.