To learn more about InnovoPro, we asked their team to weigh in.
1. What is the name of your company?
2. When and why did you start your company?
InnovoPro was established in 2015 by Dr. Ascher Shmulewitz, a PhD physician, who was fascinated by the idea that food could prevent and cure diseases. Wanting to bring health and wellness to his patients, he studied the chickpea, which is today considered by consumers to be a non-allergenic superfood.
3. In three sentences or less, can you tell us about the work your company is doing and why it is important?
InnovoPro is committed to bringing unique plant-based protein ingredients to the global food and beverage market, and for creating nutritious, tasty, and sustainable food products.
4. What do you think others should be aware of with regards to the work your company is doing?
InnovoPro developed a proprietary extraction process for a 70% chickpea protein concentrate. Our allergen-free, non-GMO, functional, and nutritious protein is produced using a green process with unique steps of separation and has a low environmental footprint. Its outstanding functional properties enable food manufacturers to create healthier and tastier plant-based products that have “free-from” properties.
5. How have the current circumstances of the world changed your business plan?
The current circumstances of COVID-19 and the implications of global warming had reinforced our ambition to reach a zero-waste process and to accelerate the building of a sustainable supply chain in the different geographies we operate in.
6. Do you have any exciting news or launches occurring this year?
Lately, InnovoPro introduced the world’s first textured chickpea protein that enables consumers to enjoy a tastier, more nutritious plant-based meat alternative that is rich in protein, allergen-free, non-GMO, and soy-free. Its textured protein will enable plant-based alternative products to include fewer ingredients without compromising on taste or mouthfeel.
7. What is one thing you wish you knew as you began your work that you think is important for others working in this industry to know?
The food tech industry will enable the traditional food industry to change. With better taste, better nutrition, and a better footprint, those two sectors should work closely together for the benefit of future generations.
8. Where can others find you online?
1. Website: www.innovopro.com
2. Social Media: https://www.linkedin.com/company/innovopro