Plant Based World Expo (PBW), North America’s only 100% plant-based event designed exclusively for foodservice and retail professionals, distributors, investors, and manufacturers returns for the fourth time to New York on September 7-8, 2023 at the Javits Center. Over forty-five PBFA members are exhibiting and sampling their innovative and delicious plant-based foods at the show.
We are looking forward to connecting with our members and the incredible industry leaders attending the show, be sure to keep up with PBFA and the Plant Based Foods Institute at PBW. Here is where to catch us!
Stop by the PBFA Booth: #719
Come visit us on the show floor to meet PBFA staff and hear about all the work our community is doing on behalf of the industry.
Meet Our CEO!
On Thursday, September 7th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm stop by our booth to speak directly with our CEO Rachel Dreskin. This is a unique opportunity to ask questions, gain insights into PBFA/I’s strategic plans, and share your insights and expertise with our leadership team.
Guide to PBFA Members at the Show
The Afterparty with Planteneers and PBFA
When: September 7th, 2023 @ 5:00 – 6:30 pm ET
Where: South Concourse, opposite Hall 1E, Javits Center, New York City
- From the outside enter closest to 34th Street and 11th Ave (go left down your first set of escalators/stairs.)
- From the show floor, exit Hall 1B and turn right, walk toward Hall 1E
Who: PBFA manufacturing members, affiliate members, investor members, and industry guests
Attire: Very casual—come straight from the show floor!
After you wrap your day on the Plant Based World Expo show floor, keep the good vibes flowing and head to the South Concourse for The Afterparty, hosted by Planteneers and the Plant Based Foods Association! Savor an array of tasty happy hour bites from Planteneers and Bell Flavors & Fragrances, mingle with industry leaders, and let the networking continue.
Note: You must be logged into the PBFA Member Portal to access the free ticket.
Wellness Lounge: Room 1B03
Take a break from the show and relax in the PBFA Wellness Lounge—accessible to PBFA members only. free wifi, access phone/computer charging stations, check our stock of commonly forgotten items, and get re-energized with coffee, tea, and snacks.
When: September 7th & 8th, 2023, open 9:00am – 5:00pm ET
Where: Room 1B03, under the stairs outside of the show floor
Panels Featuring PBFA/I Team and Members
Thursday, September 9th
- 10:30am – 11:30am Tawanda Muzhingi, PBFI Director, International Programs, will be a panelist on Planting Seeds Around the World – A Global Plant-Based Movement Update with Michelle Edelman from PBFA member company Infinite Foods.
- 12:30pm-1:30pm: Meat Mushrooms, Your New Center of the Plate Protein featuring Sarah Marie Cole of PBFA member MyFOREST Foods
- 3:15pm-4:15pm: The Path to Profitability featuring PBFA Board President Nicole Sopko, PBFA Board Member Peter van Dijken of Green Boy Group, Danny O’Malley from PBFA member Before the Butcher, and Steven Molino from PBFA member Clear Current Capital.
Friday, September 8th
- 9:00am – 10:00am Rachel Dreskin, PBFA/I CEO, will be speaking alongside leaders from PBFA member companies including Erin Ransom of Tofurky, Minh Tsai of Hodo Foods, Pete Speranza of Wicked Foods, and Liron Nimrodi of Zero Egg during the keynote: Plant-Based Foods in 2023: Lessons in Resilience and Collaboration
- 10:30am – 11:30am Nikki Smith, PBFA Associate Director Marketplace Development, will be a panelist on Retailer Collaboration – Merchandising Best Practices to Optimize Category Sales
- 11:45am-12:30pm: They Introduced Plant-Based to the World… What’s Next? featuring PBFA Board Member Sadrah Schadel, Rebecca Dengrove of PBFA member Planteneers, and David Israel of PBFA member Good Planet Foods
- 2:30pm-3:30pm: Walking the Walk – How Commitment to the Mission is Critical to Your Success featuring Mike Pytlinski of PBFA member company NuMu.