Increasing consumer demand for plant-based foods is driving unprecedented growth in our industry.
- 36% of consumers buy plant-based meats, according to Mintel ».
- 26% of consumers say they ate less animal meat in the past 12 months, according to Nutrition Business Journal ».
- U.S. sales of plant-based meats were $553 million in 2012, according to Mintel ».
- The global plant-based meat market is projected to reach $5 billion by 2020, according to Markets and Markets ».
- Plant-based protein could represent one-third of overall protein by 2054, according to Lux Research ».
- Introductions of new products with plant-based proteins grew 14.7% in 2014 (while animal protein grew 7.5%), according to Innova Market Insights ».
- 36% of consumers prefer plant-based milks, according to Nutrition Business Journal ».
- U.S. sales of almond milk topped $1 billion in 2014, according to Packaged Facts ».
- Globally, the dairy alternatives market is predicted to be worth $19.5 billion by 2020, according to Markets and Markets ».
- Non-dairy milk sales are up 30 percent since 2011, representing a $2 billion category, and growth is expected to continue outpacing dairy milk sales at least through 2018, according to Mintel ».
- 60 percent of millennials consume plant-based meats, according to a survey » conducted by 210 Analytics.